Aiming for Excellence.
The majority of applicants to the TEACH programme are recent graduates who are looking for that first stepping stone in their professional development.
- A record of past achievement: achieving ambitiously, measurable results in academics, leadership, or work experience.
- Perseverance in the face of challenges and the ability to be resourceful.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to influence and motivate others.
- Organizational ability: planning well, meeting deadlines and working efficiently.
- An understanding of our vision and the desire to work relentlessly in pursuit of it.
- Respect for students and families in low-income communities.
- Evidence that applicants operate with professionalism and integrity.
- Successfully pass the cognitive assessment that measures basic reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- Pass assessment to measure competencies for content area assigned to teach.
Motivated and Passionate about Education
Find out how to become a friend of TEACH by volunteering to provide various kinds of support for our efforts
If you would like to assist us with our work by making a donation, please make a deposit through the TEACH South Africa PayFast account
Who We Are Looking For
TEACH South Africa seeks to inspire the next generation of learners to overcome their challenges and get the education they deserve. In doing so, we recruit individuals from all academic backgrounds and career interests who have what it takes to excel as teachers and to ultimately exert broader societal influence in our nation.
We look for exceptional individuals who have a track record of achievement in school, work, and/or extracurricular activities. We have discovered over time that these individuals exhibit a significant degree of leadership. Some of these individuals are recognized as role models for communities and teams; others beat the odds by applying their critical thinking skills to achieve the most unlikely results. Some leaders are able to motivate colleagues and peers with an inspirational vision; others have a knack for creatively managing efforts to overcome the toughest of challenges
South African Citizens
Applicants must hold a university degree and must have done Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English or Technology for a minimum of one year during the course of their degree. Applicants must have graduated in the last five years or will complete their degree by no later than December this year.
Non-South African Citizens
Must meet the above criteria as well as hold or be able to obtain a valid work permit by December this year. Please note that TEACH South Africa is NOT accepting applications from Education majors.